World Wide Web (W3) servers:
FTP (anonymous login) sites:
- CNLS: Center for Nonlinear Studies
home page in Los Alamos, New Mexico.
- Seminars at CNLS,
- NSIS: Nonlinear Science Information
Service at CNLS
- T-13: Complex Systems Group at Los
- SFI: The Santa Fe Institute home page,
- ftp site at SFI,
- telnet SFI.
- James Theiler's Time-Series tools are available via "anon-ftp" from
ftp.santafe.edu in the directory "pub/Users/james".
chaos group has additional pointers to nonlinear people and sites.
- European nonlinear
archive and pointer to nonlinear and complex sites.
Comprehensive list of institutes doing some nonlinear dynamics.
- Dynamical systems
home page from G. Zito.
- Yahoo guide to
mathematics as well as Search the Web
for the keywords
- Urbana: Beckman Institute and University of Illionis at Urbana-Champange
- Maryland Chaos Group.
- INLS: Inst. for Nonlinear Science
at UC San Diego.
- UT Austin Center
for Nonlinear Dynamics.
- Applied Chaos
Laboratory at Georgia Tech.
- Boston University Mathematics Department
and Dynamical Systems Group.
- Northwestern University Applied
Nonlinear dynamics at the University of New Hampshire.
- Complex (Adaptive)
systems from the University of Pennsylvania's Systems Information Group
- ANU: Complex Systems at The Australian
- BRIMS: Basic Research in
the Mathematical Sciences, HP Lab, Bristol, UK.
- Korea's Postech Lab in Nonlinear
matter systems studied at University of Basel (Switzerland).
Chua's chaotic music from a circuit.
- Biological time-series
web page from Argentina.
fur Angewandte Phik nonlinear dynamics home page (Lauterborn's Group).
- Just plane chaos, a hyperbook
on discrete dynamics in two dimensions.
chaos and fractals, another electronic textbook.
- What's New: Dr. Robert Park's
weekly news letter on physics from Capital Hill.
- AIP: American Institute of Physics home page.
- APS: American Physical Society home page.
- AMS: American Mathematical Society
- SIAM: Society for Industrial and Applied
Mathematics home page.
- NASA home
- NSF home page.
Mathematical Libraries Package List and
NetLib at AT&T Computing Laboratory. NetLib is the first place you should
- MathWorks home page for information
- MachTen home page (Commerical Unix
for the Macintosh).
- Celtic music archive.
Try searching for a folk song with
- Reed College home page.
Radio New Zealand play list; additional information on Aotearoa
for the Kiwiphile; science
and technology sites in New Zealand.
- A W3 Crawler; Search
and the W3 Virtual
- Yahoo Index of items
on the Web.
- Need a number? Try these
Online Toll-Free Phone Directories.
- Programs useful in the analysis of nonlinear data can be found at lyapunov.ucsd.edu
which is run by Matt Kennel from the Nonlinear Sciences Institute (NLS) at
UCSD (La Jolla, CA): ftp.
- Other useful programs are found at
saddle.la.asu.edu which is maintained by Eric Kostelich at the Arizona
State University. In particular, it contains a program called
KLTOOL which does the Karhunen-Loeve (aka, principal component analysis,
proper orthogonal decomposition, empirical orthogonal functions) decomposition
of one- and two-dimensional time series---at present, it only works on the
SGI, though an X-Windows version is said to be in the works: ftp.
- DSTOOL from John Guckenheimer is for exploring low dimensional models of
flows and maps. It runs on most X-Windows systems and is found at macomb.tn.cornell.edu
in the directory pub/dstool, or possibly /pub/other/UT for a more current
version: ftp. An older Sun View
version called CHAOS can be found at enh.nist.gov: ftp.
- Codes for calculating correlation sums are found in ftp.phys-chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de:
- A Nonlinear dynamics biography is available from ftp.uni-mainz.de in pub/chaos/chaosbib:
- GNU software is located at ftp.gnu.ai.mit.edu: ftp.
- ACEGR is an X-Windows plotting packing located at
amb4.ese.ogi.edu : ftp.
- TeXtures is a commercial TeX package for the Macintosh:
ftp.bluesky.com : ftp.
- MachTen (Mach Kernel UNIX on the MAC) is another commercial product: contributed
applications and information are located at ftp.tenon.com: ftp.
- MacSciTech provides information on scientific applications of the Macintosh
computer: ra.nrl.navy.mil: ftp.
- MOSAIC for the Mac is located at ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu: ftp.
- And mac.archive.umich.edu is a general archive for Macintosh software:
- MATHEMATICA related software can be down loaded from mathsource.wri.com:
- Useful Tip: try get file_name - (that's a dash after the file_name)
to view a file when using ftp.
of Congress---great for searching for books on a given topic.
A manual for how to search the LOC's database is available from
ftp.loc.gov in /pub/LC.Online:
for possible jobs (-not-) in physics. "Login:" and "Passwd" are aipjobs.
Many mathematical libraries are available from NETLIB. Updates and additions
are reported in SIAM NEWS. To get a listing of these libraries send
mail to netlib.ornl.gov with the message send index.
The Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematicians (SIAM)
runs an activity group on dynamical systems. To learn more about it contact
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are the visitor since 23 November 1999